flattery will get you everywhere, well almost
ok, i feel a little weird about this post, but i am being inundated with compliments and flattery of all sorts lately and i am a little shocked i guess. good ol' friendster is a huge contributor lately. i am up to 462 views this month. is it me or is that a lot? it's not like i changed my photo or anything... how many views do you guys get? is this just average? although, i guess it has gone up drastically since adding jesse as a friend.
not to mention the messages i have been getting... here are a few snippets:
"I really like that blog of yours Jen. Hope youdon't mind me saying so. There's something really appealing to me about keeping a permanent journal of one's life, in digital form... so, I've decided to start one for myself for the new year! Guess you've inspired me :)" ...harmless and quite inspiring i think
"you sound pretty rad. i'm sort of a nerd as well (but a social science/politics nerd), i read a lot, i listen to music a lot, i have my share of wild nights, and i'm pretty comfortable with myself. and it seems like our senses of humor are similar. i laugh at lots of things, from myself to family guy episodes to people tripping (which i do every now and again)." ...i like this one, he sounds pretty cool
"Now, I know we have not gotten to know each other(Every being tend to meet new ppl everyday)and there is a little bit of distance difference between us, but I do really like you. You are a very special girl. There is so much about you I see that I know most guy's don't see. They are all looking at you for your body. But baby, I am telling you, that is not what I am doing. There is so much more to you than that. I like you from the tyme i set my eyes on ur profile but just never had the guts to say it to you. Well, that has all changed now. I am going all out and I am going to say it all. I really care a lot about you, and I would like to be a lot more then just friends. You mean so much to me(it might sound crazy or funny but ever since i read thru ur profile i develop this special feeling for you). I mean, just seeing your cute little smile when I am having a bad day just makes the day seem not too dim. Or just to have you give me a hug makes me all warm and tingly inside. Just to see your smiling face brightens my darkest day. So, Jennifer, what do you say, would you like to give it a go?" ... this one scares me. No, sir, I would not like to 'give it a go'
"Most people, I think, would have a difficult time being so open about their daily lives and I think it's remarkable how honest your writing reads and the frequency in which you write. " ...this one had a lot to say, and sounded pretty cool
"Since the only people I know in Boston are my coworkers, I figured that I should try to get to know some other people and I thought your bio looked interesting (and you don't look like an axe murderer)! Look forward to hearing from ya..." ... new to Boston, maybe he doesn't know what a Boston axe murderer looks like... muhaha
"Hey there. I love that you call yourself a nerd!" ... go nerds
"Saw you checked me out and figured I would send a message. I checked your profile out and you seem pretty cool, very upbeat is one word I saw and that's a great characteristic."...darn that Frienster!
"how you doing i just got out of the army and im looking to meet some new people. i live in portsmouth NH and im very happy to be home. i was in the army for 7 years and i was over seas a coupple times. i like to do just about anything so if your intrested drop me a line"
"Victoria's Secret and Pharm? Hmm. So basically you deal with sex and drugs and computers all day? Awesome." that one made me laugh
"Wanted to say hi and compliment you on your choice in tv shows, nice. Seems like you know how to have a good time. Laughing at myself and making others laugh is something I do very well, also have a great personality and sense of humor. It'd be cool to get to know you, hope to talk to you later"
"What's going on? So yeah, we don't know each other but maybe we can change that. Afterall we do have a lot of similar interests, especially trying new restaurants and Sunday brunch. There needs to be more meals that come with a slice of cantaloupe on the side. :)" ... sounds like a nice guy
thanks to all of my messagers. you are a sweet bunch (minus that scary kind of stalkerish one). what is it with me and stalkers?
so, those are a few of them. i also get a lot of 'smiles'. besides that though, i have guys coming out of the woodwork to try and get with me. it's getting ridiculous. luckily, i have a lot of good friends that are keeping me sane. plus, i'm not for the whole dating scene right now. i know i sound like an egotistical bitch complaining about all of this stuff, but it is just unusual is all. i know i am a pretty girl at times, but is December some aphrodisiac of a month or something? gosh!

3 Comments:
Dude, I feel like a tool being one of a jillion guys emailing a pretty blonde. No offense. At least you thought I was funny:) Merry Christmas.
sorry, it was just so weird to have THAT much attention all at once. it was like a conspiracy or something. you were pretty funny though, i'll give you that :)
I'm not taking the fall for this one. I mean, it's not like I ever got any friendster messages like that.
Post a Comment
<< Home