Thursday, June 09, 2005

the sobering road less traveled

as i stated in a recent post, my step-sister is in a wheelchair and will be for the rest of her life. i also mentioned how upset my step-dad is about it all. we emailed back and forth the other day before i went to a red sox game:

this is how it went...

step-dad: "I actually had a bad night ... I had a dream that Amy could walk again , and I was so happy!!! then I woke up and realized I was dreaming, and things were the same, so I was kinda bummed..whatever, I will survive... have a great night ...weather should be fantastic for a game!!"
me: "Sorry to hear about the dream. How often are you getting to see her? I bet that the more you could see her the more that you would see how strong and capable she is. I know she has lost something, and we all, in turn, have lost something with her loss, but she will gain a lot from all of this too. She will become so courageous and she will inevitably be happy. Her path has changed, but it doesn't necessarily mean that she is going in a different direction. Just the road less traveled, as they say. "
step-dad:"Thanks for the comforting words.. I know you may not want to hear it, but
you are the only one who listens to me when I talk about Amy, and your words
today made me feel a lot better. I appreciate your patience when I ramble
on. Have a good time tonight, hope to see or hear from you soon."

what should i do for him? i want to hear from you. i am no therapist, please help. suggestions are more than welcome. i'm begging.

1 Comments:

Blogger J said...

speaking of drugs, i found out i will have a prescription for percosets(?) soon...
as for my step-dad: you're probably right.

6/10/2005 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home