Saturday, January 29, 2005

snow, panties, sex toys and a sorry

It appears the parking ban is over in the city. Granted, now the roads are only one lane wide because even though the city banned the cars parking on the street so that they might clean up more snow and remove it to remote lots, it seems they have not. If I were to give the City of Boston a performance review - they would receive a big fat 'did not meet expectations'.

Besides that tidbit, my day has been pretty uneventful. Went to Vicki's for a few hours and boy, it was a slow day there. I often find myself holding a pair of panties, elbow deep and feeling lost in the sea of a panty bar pondering why i do it. Why? I'd love to say it isn't the money - because the pay that I get there wouldn't even pay my cable bill for a month (and that's without renting any dirty movies you sickos!). It used to be the people. Lately, though I've been there for a while and somehow have managed to command respect from many of the other associates and have been begged in a slightly non-serious way to become a manager - the people don't seem to like it when my priorities fall into place and they come after my 9-5. I mean, I'm sorry - but a life of selling lingerie isn't going to cut it for me. It's not even remotely challenging and extremely un-stimulating (despite most people's guesses). So in the utter confusion that is my life lately, I try and keep my code creating self on the ball and have asked my friends in lingerie to let me out of work once or twice because i have a serious deadline that i need to meet that requires more time - time that i cannot commit to pawning bras and panties off on the precious shoppers in Cambridge. What do I get for all this? I get my hours cut for the first time in a year and a half of employment. Maybe it's a sign. Time to move on. What comes after bras and panties though? Sex toys? ;)

And another thing: i need to apologize to some friends of mine for saying something (i would never say in public) to them. sorry for my blatant unabashed attempt to tell you why short nails are a good idea. of course, there was alcohol involved, so i was told what came out of my mouth, its inappropriateness, and the ears that heard it, and am quite embarrassed by it. My only hope is that the others didn't really catch it. i guess i'll find out. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger R said...

elbow-deep in panties and you're COMPLAINING about your life??! you're killin' me....

1/31/2005 11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home